Monday, November 5, 2007

You digitally restored my heart, Criterion. My heart.

This might be the first time I posted twice in one day, but I had to point something out that you might have missed............November 2007 is the SHIT!!!

Scientific fact.

5-6 of my most anticipated movies of the year are being released this month in theaters, and to top it off, Criterion finally got around to finishing/releasing my second favorite Akira Kurosawa movie ever, Drunken Angel. Here's what the cover will look like:





To be released November 27th, full digitally-restored transfer. And straight from the Criterion website, here are just a few of the special features...........

- A 30-minute documentary on the making of Drunken Angel, created as part of the Toho Masterworks series Akira Kurosawa: It Is Wonderful to Create

- Kurosawa and the Censors, a new, 25-minute video piece that looks at the challenges Kurosawa faced in making Drunken Angel

- New and improved English subtitle translation



Have you ever wanted to take a release date, lay it down next to a fireplace and make sweet love to it?

You have? That's just fuckin' sick. I was just joking........Jesus Christ. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave now.

No comments: